The Yahoo toolbar, like many others, comes pre-installed on many new computers or can be installed automatically by a number of programs that don’t necessarily tell you they’re installing it. It’s handy if you use Yahoo services like email or search, but just takes up space if you don’t.
You can hide it in Internet Explorer or Firefox by clicking View, move your mouse over Toolbars & click Yahoo so that it’s unchecked.
To completely remove it you have two choices; use the uninstaller that comes with it or Windows Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
In the toolbar itself:
- Click on the Pencil button & Select “Uninstall”
- Click “Uninstall” on the uninstall page
- Close all open Internet Explorer or Firefox windows & restart your browser
Using Add/Remove Programs:
- Close Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel & select Add/Remove Programs
- Scroll down near the bottom of the list & select “Remove” on the listing for the toolbar. When you restart your browser the Yahoo toolbar will be gone.
- Clean the junk files off your computer with CCleaner aka CrapCleaner
- Batch file to run CCleaner and exit